gClassFolders is a free, Google-Spreadsheet-based add-on for Google Apps for EDU that creates class folders for students and teachers to simplify and streamline their experience of using Google's world class productivity and collaboration tools in the classroom.
gClassFolders Version 2 was released on 2/13/13 and contains the following new features:
- Ability to run in "Single Teacher Mode" or "School Mode" - school mode anticipates use over multiple semesters and at the scale of many classrooms.
- Ability to add students and classes over time without recreating all folders.
- Bulk operations like "Remove from class", "Add teacher," "Add school aide," "Move to another class," and "Archive course"
- Internationalized interface runs in over 70 languages via Google Translate API.
- Plugs into gClassHub, a gallery of tools that allows any teacher running gClassFolders to instantly launch spreadsheets containing useful scripts like Doctopus, autoCrat progress reports, etc. PRE-POPULATED with their student roster and student assignment folder IDs!
To use click the below link which will open a read only copy . Then click File => Make a copy and fill in your information. If you don't see the gClassFolders menu after about a minute refresh the page.
Note: Some international users have reported issues with using the language pack - in particular with Swedish version of Chrome.
To avoid these issues at the moment, we suggest you use this English-only version of gClassFolders